Injuries don’t come announcing. Dental injuries are one of them. It can come happen to anyone, anytime and anyplace. When we think we don’t have any dental problems we suddenly get a reason for a visit to dentist. Let’s have a look at dental emergencies and ways to handle them:
HOW CAN TEETH GET HURT?
Teeth are very strong but are also very vulnerable to sudden injuries or accidents. There are many injuries that can happen. If you fall or are in a accident then teeth can be hurt badly. According to dentist near Rowlett, TX you can also hurt your teeth while indulging in any sports or recreational activities.
Dental injuries can be of the following types:
- Knocked out tooth
- Brocken or chipped tooth
- Loose tooth
- Lost filling or crown
- Severe toothaches
- Bleeding gums
WHAT TO DO IN A DENTAL EMERGENCY
Till you visit a dental clinic there are certain things that you can do to handle the situation and get a temporary relief.
- If you have knocked out tooth then try to first find the tooth and hold it from the crown and save it in a container filled with milk. You can also try to put it back in the socket but not forcefully, if not then just preserve it till you visit the dentist.
- In case of cracked or broken tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Then put cold compress on the face to reduce swelling and pain.
- In case of extreme toothache clean your mouth with warm water. Use over the counter painkillers for relief.
AVOIDING DENTAL INJURIES
Preventing an injury is the first step towards handling the dental problems.
- Always wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- Don’t use teeth but use scissors to cut things.
EMERGENCY DENTIST IN ROWLETT, TX
If you have dental emergencies then immediately contact our family dentist. Don’t panic and stay clam during an emergency. For more information schedule an appointment with our family dentist in Rowlett, TX.